Clinics & Services
We provide essential services for chronic disease management.
Our additional services include:
*Cervical cytology screening
*Certain minor surgery procedures
*Diabetes Specialist Nurse
Baby Clinic arrangement
Baby clinic nurse appointments for immunisations will be bookable on a ‘sameday’ basis only, starting from 08:00 on Wednesday mornings. Baby clinic starts at 13:00. For eight week checks come at 13:00.
Please also note that you can see a health visitor on alternate Wednesdays.
The 'flu' season begins around October time. Flu is a very contagious infection, which can cause serious illness among people aged over 65 years, or those of any age with particular medical conditions. Levels of 'flu' infection rise during the winter months. The best way to protect yourself against 'flu' is by having the 'flu' jab every year.
The following groups come in to have their flu jab:
- Patients aged 65 & over
- Patients aged 18--‐64 in at risk group
- Pregnant women
- People living in long stay residential homes
- People in receipt of a carers allowance or main carer of an older or disabled person.
- Household contact of immunocompromised individuals
- All those at risk who are between 17 and 18 years of age
- People aged 2-17 where Fluenz is contra-indicated or refused
- Front line healthcare workers
- NHSE staff
- PHE staff
- Special schools staff
Health Benefits of Quitting Smoking
Once you have taken that all important first step to stopping smoking the health benefits are endless.
The day you start to quit is the day you become healthier.
Below explains what health benefits you gain within minutes, hours and years after you have quit smoking.
- 20 Minutes: BP and heart rate improve
- 12 Hours: Carbon Monoxide levels in your blood return to normal
- 2-12 Weeks: Your chance of having a heart attack decreases
- 1 Year Your: Excess risk of heart disease drops to half of that of a smoker
- 5-15 Years: Your stroke risk is that on a non-smoker
- 10 Years: Your risk of cancer decreases
How to self refer, Its easy click on this link to get started - https://smokefreecityandhackney.org/referral
Social Prescriber Service
Social prescribing is designed to support people with a wide range of social, emotional or practical needs, with a focus on improving mental health and physical wellbeing.
They are not doctors, nurses, or counsellors, but we do look at a person’s situation in the whole; They recognise that social issues such as isolation, housing problems and financial stress can contribute to poor physical and mental health. They work across Hackney through GP practices.
Through a 45-minute assessment, they discuss what is important to the client, how they feel things could be better, and then make a plan together to support those changes, often by linking with other organisations who provide targeted support. They can offer up to six sessions; currently via telephone consultation. Whether you want to get fit, volunteer, access benefits advice, learn to cook or make new friends, simply get an appointment with a social prescriber by mentioning us at next appointment with your GP
Watch this short clip to see how you could benefit from Social Prescribing:
Health and Wellbeing
Helping you take charge Worried about your health and wellbeing?
Are you living with or concerned about developing a health condition? Health Coaches help you to take charge by
• Listening to what’s important to you.
• Helping you to build confidence, knowledge and skills to take care of your health and wellbeing.
• Working with you to find reliable information and activities.
• Connecting you with people who have similar experiences. Coaches offer support in person, by phone or online
• One-to-one support to get to know what works for you, your hopes and goals and what’s stopping you from taking steps forward, without judgement.
• Support to get active, eat well, protect your emotional wellbeing, find or reconnect with interests and support networks.
• Help to find advice or guidance for practical day-to-day issues.
• Work with your healthcare team, complementing your existing support.
This is a Free Service open to anyone registered with a GP in City and Hackney over the age of 18. You can refer yourself or ask your GP or healthcare worker to refer you.
See attached leaflet -
Health and Wellbeing leaflet
Mental Health Well Being Leaflet